Jingle (トンガリくん) is a songwriting hamster. Although he is officially part of the Ham-Ham Gang, he isn't present on most of their adventures; he ventures on his own to travel the world, joined by his pig Herbert and his trusty guitar.
Jingle is a self-proclaimed "Ham-poet". He is rather quiet and peaceful, and speaks with a soft whisper. He always carries his guitar with him, occasionally playing a riff as he roams around. He later befriends a pig named Herbert, who he rides on top of during his journeys. When Hamtaro and the other Ham-Hams meet up with him, he will often give them odd, confusing advice. In many cases, he gets the Ham-Hams' adventures completely derailed; though in the end, Jingle's antics usually end up being helpful, to some extent.
In some of his earliest appearances - namely the Gozaimachu! manga series, Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite!, and the 1999 pilot episode - Jingle was a regular member of the Ham-Ham gang. However, the main anime series gave Jingle a unique portrayal; he doesn't generally go on the Ham-Hams' adventures, instead choosing to wander on his own. For this reason, Jingle only appeared in a handful of episodes; at least when compared to the other 14 "main" Ham-Hams.
Jingle has a tendency to forget hamsters' names, especially with Hamtaro; calling him things like "Ham-n'-cheese," "Ham-n'-eggs," "Hambozo," and "Hamtaco". However, in Setting Off, Spring's Wind! - Jingle's last starring episode - he gets Hamtaro's name right, much to Hamtaro's surprise.
- Jingle, the Wanderer (#10)
- The Slipper Chase (#18)
- Hamtaro, Please Come Home! (#24)
- The Precious Letter! (#38)
- In Search of the Pendant (#49)
- The Fresh Summer Breeze! (#58)
- Penelope Makes a Friend (#62)
- Hamtaro and the Space Ship! (#90)
- Hamtaro of the Wind (#135)
- Marron's Little Secret (#191)
- The Sweet Milky Way! (#207)
- Nande Returns! (#278)
- Setting Off, Spring's Wind! (#293)
- Happy Ham-Ham Wedding! (#296)
- Main article: Jingle/Gallery