Snoozer (ねてるくん, Neteru-kun) is a hamster who is always sleeping. He serves as a sort of deputy under Boss. He occasionally "wakes up" to provide practical advice to the Hamsters when needed.
A mysterious hamster that Boss found in his hideaway in the second episode (which would soon become the Clubhouse). It is unknown where he came from. He is always sleeping but often utters some helpful advice when the Ham-Hams are in need of it. In the English version, he talks with a lisp. In later episodes of the original version, Lazuli is always sleeping against Snoozer, which is maybe a sign of a possible crush on him, though it is very arguable.
When the Ham-Ham Clubhouse is finished being built in The Ham-Ham Clubhouse (Episode), Snoozer seemingly manifests into real life without explanation. Boss returns to the clubhouse to find him there, sleeping in a blue and yellow striped sock. Since then, Snoozer rests in the clubhouse, only leaving on a couple instances and "magically" appearing in the Sweet Paradise the same way he appeared originally in the clubhouse. This happens between episodes, I'm Parting, Clubhouse! and Lapis and Lazuli, because Boss is absent for a while and the clubhouse is locked up. After #194, Snoozer sleeps in Sweet Paradise instead until Boss returns later on. He is Boss' only company while the Ham-Hams are not around, so Boss holds him dear.
This was never explained, but in the original manga by Ritsuko Kawai, Snoozer was meant to have a crush on Sandy. However, this is non-canon within the show.
- The Snoozer Mystery! (#20)
- Snoozer and Turtly (#151)
- Lapis and Lazuli (#194)
- Zuzuzu, Inside the Dream! (#198)
- Snoozer Disappears! (#245)
- Both Snoozer and Maxwell share almost identical body patterns. The only difference is around the tail, where Snoozer's brown rounds around it whilst Maxwell's brown points at it.
- Whenever Snoozer sleeps in the Clubhouse and the Sweet Paradise (Until Episode 244), he does so "magically", like how he appeared in both his bed and the Clubhouse in Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite.
- Omar bears a resemblance to him.